Personal finance is an area that is gaining increasing amounts of publicity, with numerous apps being developed to make responsible spending easier and less restrictive. Chief amongst the innovative developments is Revolut, a pre-paid card provider that Switcha is delighted to have partnered with.
So much more than merely a digital bank account, Revolut is the face of things to come in regards to personal finance management and spending security. Allowing customers to purchase in foreign currencies, commission-free, gain access to the best exchange rates and still withdraw cash from regular ATM machines, there’s nothing that a standard bank account can offer that Revolut can’t.
How can Switcha customers take advantage of Revolut?
Always looking to remain at the cutting edge of app developments and savvy saving initiatives, Switcha has partnered with Revolut in a bid to offer customers an easy and hassle-free way to start looking after their pennies. The most notable benefit of applying for an account through Switcha is that those who are accepted will be given a free debit card.
Why is a Revolut account such a good idea?
There are lots of reasons to consider a Revolut account, but here are the most notable:
1. A pre-paid card is a smart way to start managing personal finances, as there is no risk of overspending. You can literally only spend what is loaded onto the card and you have total autonomy over how much you choose to transfer to the card itself. It can be as easy as a regular direct debit top up, initiated through the easy to navigate app.
2. For travellers, a Revolut account makes great sense, as the app is able to access a multitude of different currencies and without all those sneaky bank charges that standard UK bank accounts seem to add on a whim.
3. Any money that isn’t spent abroad on a Revolut card can be instantly converted back to your home currency, without pesky commission charges reducing the amount.
4. The card can act like a regular debit card, allowing you to make cashpoint withdrawals. Due to being part of the Mastercard family, cash withdrawals are as simple as you’d expect, with £200 a month being released without fees and a small 2% charge being added to amounts over this.
5. You can set a reasonable budget. By opting for a pre-paid card, you are quite literally in the driving seat when it comes to potentially expensive excursions or nights out. Simply transfer the amount that you can comfortably spend, leave your other cards at home and off you go, safe in the knowledge that you won’t overspend and regret it the next morning.
Switcha encourages savvy spending habits.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Switcha, a leading price-comparison site, is keen to encourage responsible spending and money management. Having carefully observed all of the fantastic extra services and products offered by Revolut, it was only natural for the two to come together and Switcha customers who are looking to cut down on monthly outgoings, improve their credit rating or start saving for a rainy day will definitely be impressed by the extra features on the Revolut app.
Saving made easy.
Finding it hard to start saving regularly? Revolut can help with a new ‘Vaults’ system that has been added to the app. Each time a cardholder makes a purchase, it gets rounded up to the nearest whole number, with the extra pennies being transferred to a connected online savings account. It’s genuinely shocking how quickly this adds up into a significant emergency fund!
Insurance against unexpected surprises.
Not that Revolut needs to offer any extra benefits, but there is one more innovative idea that customers can take advantage of and that’s pay-per-day travel insurance that covers both medical and dental fees, anywhere in the world. It already sounds good, but when you learn that it costs just £1, you’d be hard-pressed to come up with a reasonable excuse for not signing up! Given that Switcha offers access to last minute travel deals, it makes perfect sense to secure a low-cost holiday deal and then, sign up to Revolut’s services as well, for easy budgeting and peace of mind in terms of worldwide insurance.
Switcha and Revolut really is a partnership made in heaven that allows people to take control of their finances, without committing to endless internet searches for great deals and perks. With a free debit card on offer, exclusively through Switcha, financial security is just one click away.